Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wet Wednesday's Blog-Darwin

I really enjoyed the crystal lab that we did with the polarizing lens and I definitely will try this, probably even before school starts. It was a great refresher talking about the L qand R molecules and chirality. I will love doing the copper and Ag. Making the thermometers will really help around the gas laws and the genral idea of increments and where they come from. I currently do the calorimeter lab and do it again with a hot metal in a double walled aluminum calorimeter in the Physics classes. I think it is nice to introduce them to both types. I use regular thermometers in one and digital thermometers in the other. I believe students will benifift from both methods. We even try plotting a warming curve when we burn a pecan. I thought the day was great. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment