Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Love the Magic of Science

This morning activities on levers was a very good refresher for me. I haven't taught Physical Science in 20 years. So many everyday tools are different types of levers. Review of the simple math also really helped. I really appreciated the time alloted for preparation for our activity in the afternoon. We needed to downgrade some of the material for the lower grades and discussion between myself and my partner was essential. Looking forward to seeing everyone's great ideas. I was in awe with Darwin's little demo. Those are the things that make kids think and gets them excited about science. Knowing what the chemical is in the cup and where that chemical is used in our everyday life makes it all the better. It is those things that I really need.
Thanks, Darwin. I am excited to see what others have to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment