Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday's Activities

I really enjoyed today. I have done the egg drop demonstration in my chemistry classes. The only difference is that I use a burning piece of paper and I do not attempt to remove the egg. I have simply used this demo. to introduce pressure and to show that pressure differences cause the egg to drop. I will use this further to discuss such things as acid/base rxns, solubility, ionic bonding, and Henry's law especially in my AP Chemistry class. I think this would be a great demo. to take to an elementary classroom. I especially liked using the pressure probe to collect the pressure data and they use the graph to make evaluations. The other demo. which I use in the classroom is the idea of boiling water with pressure changes and changing the size of a marshmello. I use this to discuss Boyle's Law. I found the lung simulation very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment