Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I really liked Darwin's wave demo this morning. That will help me out a lot with the PS class. I also enjoyed Donna's because the kids do get confused between accuracy and precision, they basically think of them as the same thing. Bernard's was also good, and gets the students out of their seat and being part of the demonstration. I will be able to use some of the microscopy with the Earth science students, and I think they will enjoy being able to see the crystals grow. Those are also materials I can easily get to my building. I also liked the polarized light. Even if it isn't something that we get to talk about in class much, it still would be good to just peak their interest, and tell them they will get to learn more about it if they continue to take science classes. The thermometer activity I can use with the Jr. High students and I think they will definitely get good information out of that. The nitrogen in the tire thing, I will most definitely check in to! The burning of the food was good. I'm not sure about open flames with my students...this might be something I would have to modify and really control. If I did do it, I would like to address the Law of Conservation of Energy, and also the Law of Conservation of Mass. All in all, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment